This post contains some affiliate links. When you click an affiliate link and make a purchase from the merchant we will earn a small commission. That commission is paid by the merchant and not the customer. This does not affect the price of the products you buy. You can read our full affiliate disclosure by clicking here.
If you have ever wondered Do Cats Need Toys? Then the answer is a resounding YES, and above all, they need quality toys. Here’s what to look for when picking out toys for your feline friend.
Forget that flood of cheap low-quality toys you see around! Forget cat treats with unknown sourcing.
In fact, if you’re looking for unique and high-quality cat toys, handmade options are a great choice. Handmade cat toys are lovingly crafted with safe and durable materials that your cat will love. Most of the crafters selling cat toys are cat lovers themselves so you can be assured that they make these toys with loving care.
Here are some cool handmade finds you can buy for your cat:
Etsy is a great online shopping source in the U.K. and the U.S. to find quality handmade cat toys. Many independent artisans and small crafter businesses sell their lovely creations on Etsy. They offer a huge variety of well-made toys to choose from.
Octopus Fishing Wand Cat Toy: This super cute wand toy will keep you and your cat entertained for hours. Comes with a bell for added enticement.
Neon colours catnip mouse: These mice come with an extra supply of catnip which will make for one very happy cat!
If you’re looking for a unique and one-of-a-kind cat toy, vintage treasures may be the way to go. Many vintage shops and online marketplaces offer a selection of vintage cat toys made by crafters in both the U.K. and the USA. These artisans create great cat toys with high-quality materials that you and your cat will adore.
Some popular Etsy finds for handmade cat toys are:
- Wool Catnip Toys: These handmade toys are often made with wool or other natural fibres and filled with catnip. They come in different shapes and sizes and are perfect for cats who love to cuddle and play.
- Wooden Or Bamboo Cat Toys: These toys are often carved by hand and may feature intricate designs or details. They are durable and long-lasting, making them a great investment for your cat’s playtime.
- Cardboard Cat Toys: These wobble ball toys are perfect for independent playtime and are made with eco-friendly materials.
Check out Etsy for more great deals on fun and challenging cat toys!
No matter what type of handmade cat toy you choose, know that you’re getting a high-quality craft product that is made with care and attention to detail.
You’ll be glad to know there are plenty of quality UK and USA-made cat supplies, cat toys, and cat treats for sale online. From healthy cat treats to interactives to all of your cat’s essentials, you can find everything online for your feline friend. And, you’ll be buying healthy, quality-made products rather than cheaply made knock-off products and questionable treats.
Speaking of cat treats — there are loads of tasty, healthy treats available online. Many brands like Bonito Flakes are for sale online. You can find cat favourite treats from Blue Buffalo and Temptations brands, which also offer special foods for cats with dietary restrictions.
More Than Treats
Beside cat treats, there are lots of other UK and USA-made cat supplies that you may want.
Here are some of the essentials:
- Cat Toys: Cat toys made in USA and in the UK can be found if you shop around. These toys are designed and made to be safe and fun, so you can feel good about giving them to your cuddly cat.
- Cat Bowls: If you need new cat bowls, consider checking out the choices from Americat Company. Their bowls are made in the USA and come in a variety of sizes and styles to suit your needs.
- Cat Litter: If you’re looking for a low-dust or no-dust USA-made cat litter, then try Feline Pine. Feline Pine is made from 100% eco-friendly pine and is free from harmful chemicals and additives.
- Cat Collars and Harnesses: Keep your cat safe and stylish with a proudly USA-made collar or harness. Lupine Pet offers a mix of quality pet products that you’ll love because they are durable and fashionable.
Buying Cat Toys as Gifts
If you’re looking for a special gift for a cat or a cat lover, high-quality cat toys are simply perfect. They’re not only fun for the cat and its owner, but also help support U.S. and U.K. businesses.
Here are a few things to think about when buying cat toys as gifts:
Consider the cat’s preferences: Some cats love to chase toys. Others like toys they can bat around. Some cats also enjoy toys that contain catnip. Make sure to choose a toy that fits the cat’s personality and preference.
Look for quality: Make sure the toy is well-made and durable, so it can withstand rough play. Buy USA and UK made products. Check product reviews to see if other customers have had issues with the toy breaking easily or becoming a hazard.
Check for safety: Look for toys that don’t have small breakable parts that could be a choking or injury hazard. Avoid toys with loose strings or ribbons that could get wrapped around the cat’s neck. If it looks hazardous, it probably is…don’t buy it!
Look for free shipping: If you’re buying online, look for retailers that offer free shipping. This can help save you money and make the gift more affordable. If you often shop on Amazon then consider Prime membership, you can trial 30 days for free here.
Add a personal touch: Write a short, personal note or gift wrap the toy especially to make the gift more meaningful to your fellow cat lover.
Do Cats Need Toys?
Do cats need toys? Yes, they do and for many reasons. To keep them entertained, exercised, to relieve boredom and to help them bond with you. When it comes to finding cat supplies, there are plenty of online and offline options available. By choosing products made in the UK and the USA, you are supporting high-quality small businesses while making sure that your cat’s supplies are well-made, well-designed, and safe to use.
Giving USA and UK-made cat toys is a wonderful way to support small business crafters and online businesses while giving a unique and fun gift to a cat or a cat lover. Just make sure to consider the cat’s preferences, look for quality and safety, and consider free shipping to make the gift more affordable.